The information we collect and purposes for which we use the information
We may collect personal information about you which you give to us when you use our Services, for example, in order to obtain a quote for a logbook loan. The provision of the Services to you may also require us to store details of your transactions, together with details of your financial information. We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We may monitor and record any communication between us. This is to ensure we can satisfy your requests and improve our services through adequate staff training.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalise aspects of our overall service to you; and/or
- to communicate with you; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party.
- to identify you using appropriate means when you contact us
- to carry out certain credit checks using licensed credit-referencing agencies. A record of this search will appear on your credit profile.
Passing on information about you
Please be aware that once you use our Services, you will be regarded as having given your consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Please be aware that once you use our Services, you will be regarded as having given your consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- The Financial Services Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
- other third parties either where necessary for those third parties to provide additional products or services requested by you or with your prior consent.
Informing you of offers and services which may be of interest
We would like to keep you updated by phone, e-mail or text of other products and services which we feel you may benefit from. For example, we may e-mail you letting you know how you could save money by switching product and services. Wherever we capture your data you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of us using your data for these purposes. By providing your information when you use our site, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- other companies in the Walker & Co Securities Ltd group of companies.
- our trusted business partners, whose products and services may save you money.
You can ask us to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes at any time, which we will do.
We may disclose information about you in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings or if otherwise permitted to do so by law.
When you agree to receive any electronic communications from us, you also agree to receive additional communications on products and services which we believe you may be interested in. Any electronic communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Third party providers and data privacy
We abide by the Data Protection policy in accordance to the UK. We will not disclose your personal information outside of the Motoloan affiliate network or other third parties with sole intention of securing your choice of service. We may also pass on the information for fraud prevention purposes and/or if required/obliged by law or Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or to our regulators under proper authority, or under a strict code of secrecy to sub-contractors or persons acting as our agents or where we have your consent or have previously informed you.
Alternatively, here is the condensed version:
1) When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
a) Our own;
b) those at credit reference agencies (CRAs).When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c) those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
2) If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
3) Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them
to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. We may also pass your information to other third party debt recovery agencies in order to recover any monies owed. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4) If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5) If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will use your information in order to trace your whereabouts and recover any monies owed.
6) We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
7) Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at https://motoloan.co.uk/terms or phone 03335 772274 to ask one of our staff.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
How to opt out
You may express a preference for receiving telephone and e-mail contacts from us. Specifically, you may receive e-mails or calls regarding our service from time to time. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails or phone calls, you may send an email to us at email@example.com with the header UNSUBSCRIBE.
If you elect to opt out of receiving contacts by telephone or e-mail, you will not receive updates on new product information or special offers.
You have the right, under section 7 of the Act, to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type using a cookie file which is stored in the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to:
- a. personalise your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you.
- b. monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our Website to help us to improve our Website design and layout.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website.
This Terms and Conditions document relates solely to our non-advisory service which provides customers with information to assist them in selecting products they feel are most appropriate for their needs. Nothing in the website shall be deemed to constitute advice or a recommendation to purchase a particular product or service. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the product or service we suggest that you seek independent financial advice.
The website is intended for users in the UK. However, if some user from other than the mentioned country uses this website, we do not guarantee that the information will be apt for them. A user is wholly liable for use of the website.
It is our utmost priority to keep the website error-free however as the data storage is of electronic nature a slight technical fault may give rise to a big issue. On such front we should not be held liable for any loss occurred on your part.
Third party sites and warranties
To increase the popularity of the website we exchange links with third party websites. If a user of this website visits those websites, the user is wholly responsible for any loss occurred. We also do not endorse any opinion, advice, information, service or products cited in such website.
Permission must be secured prior to the reproduction or redistribution of material from the website.
motoloan owns the rights to the website. All other company names and products belong to their respective owners.
Information from the website must not be used for illegal or immoral use.
Motoloan does all it can to ensure data on the website is accurate and endeavors to immediately correct any inaccuracies as soon as the company is made aware of them. To the extent allowed by law, Motoloan is not responsible for inaccuracies published on the website.
Motoloan does not validate, monitor or endorse any third party information submitted to the website and as such, this information could be inaccurate. Motoloan does not validate, monitor or endorse the data or quotations collected from third parties as presented to you on the search results page.
Motoloan is not responsible for any harmful effect on technology that may result from using the website nor does Motoloan give any warranty that the website is free from viruses. In addition, Motoloan is excluded from liability should any losses or claims occur as a result of your inability to access the website, or from any use of the website or reliance on data published on the website to the extent permitted by law.
Termination of Agreement
Should any of the terms and conditions stated be breached, Motoloan has the right to terminate the agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of the website.
All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions stated within these terms and conditions shall survive termination of the agreement between us for any reason.
Motoloan is not liable for failure to undertake any obligation under this agreement if failure results from events out of its control, including without limitation Internet/telecoms outages, fire, flood, war and acts of God.
The Terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of the above jurisdiction will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute, which may arise.
Should any provision of the agreement be held unlawful or invalid, that provision shall be deemed severed. Where relevant, the validity of the remaining provision of the agreement will not be affected.
Should Motoloan not enforce any provision of this agreement, such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
Use of the website
You may not use the website for any purpose which is unlawful, abusive, libellous, obscene or threatening.
Terms and conditions of website usage
- The term “Walker and Co Securities Ltd. T/A Motoloan or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 30 Old Moat Lane, Withington, Manchester M20 3FL. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Walker and Co securities Ltd T/A Motoloan’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.