Who are we?
Walker & Co Securities Limited, we are a Hire Purchase Lender and we have a chain of shops
How do we collect information from you?
We collect Personal Data from you:
- When you take a service or product from us.
- When you contact us, or if you have replied to a communication from us.
- The electoral register.
- A third party who sells your data
What type of information is collected from you?
- contact details;
- date of birth;
- payment details;
- bank details;
- shopping preferences;
- email details;
- IP addresses.
What is our lawful basis for collecting this data and why do we need this?
In order for us to process your data we have to have a lawful basis to do so. We are relying on the following basis to do so:
(a) Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract (loan agreement) you have, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract (loan agreement).
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We have identified these lawful basis to assess whether we can provide you with a loan, continue to market to you or manage your account.
How is your information used?
It helps us in the following ways:
- We can identify you when you contact us.
- We can identify accounts, services and products you may have from us.
- We can offer you other products.
- We can prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- We can check your information with fraud prevention agencies. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect that there may be fraud we will record this.
- We can improve your account administration.
- We undertake marketing analysis and customer profiling.
- We can continue to market to you with relevant offers.
Do you record calls or emails?
Who has access to your information?
- all our staff;
- third parties including police or government agencies should they request it;
- if any officials request it for legal proceedings;
- debt purchasers – if we sell your debt;
- credit brokers or affiliates – if we sell your data;
- debt collectors if our loan remains unpaid;
- solicitors if our loan remains unpaid and we pursue you in court;
- if our company and all of its assets are bought by a third party your personal data will also be transferred to this third party;
- if we need to pass on personal data to others so that we can collect debts that are owed, marketing information and customer services.
- if we can offer you any financial services.
- credit reference agencies.
- Third parties who provided us with any outsourcing admin services.
Which third parties specifically see my data?
These companies process your data:
1. CallCredit (CRA)
2. 4Point Financial Services (Repo Agent)
3. DWS Legal (Solicitors)
4. ALPH Legal (Compliance/Legal Firm)
Do you sell data?
Can I change my mind about marketing?
You can change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you update and access your information?
Please email us at email@example.com – we will also write to you annually.
What security do you have to protect my data?
We have a very strict policy on protecting your Personal Data:
- We make sure we do thorough checks on everyone we work with.
- We also ensure that you use a secure password to access your account and encourage you to sign off properly when using a shared computer.
- We use encrypted software.
- We continually test our systems to see whether it can be penetrated by malicious software and outside third parties looking to steal data. Our regulators expect us to do this to ensure our systems are secure.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
- letting you navigate between pages efficiently;
- enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task;
- recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested;
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure that they are fast.
Do you buy data?
Do we profile your information?
We profile your information so we can market products to you that match your interests.
Can I access my profile?
Yes – You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a copy. You can ask us to amend or erase any of this data.
Can I object to you profiling me?
Yes you can, by emailing us at email@example.com.
What age must I be?
Walker & Co Securities Limited
Westbrook Trading Estate
ICO number: Z254987X
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when using this website (the ‘Website’).
https://motoloan.co.uk is a website operated by Walker & Co Securities Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07435930 and with our registered office at Unit 26, Westbrook Trading Estate, Westbrook Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1AY.
Our trading address is Unit 26, Westbrook Trading Estate, Westbrook Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1AY.
Is it safe to access your website?
Yes. You can access parts of our website without having to give us your details. However, you are responsible for accessing our website and for anyone else who uses your internet connection. We regularly test the security of our systems so any data you give us is kept secure.
Does your website have a copyright?
Yes. All trademarks, computer programmes, data, styles and designs etc are owned by us. You are strictly not allowed to reproduce this content.
Can I download, print, copy any parts of the website?
Yes. You can download or copy the content and other downloadable items, but it may only be used for personal use.
You can print one copy of the content again only for personal use.
You are strictly not allowed to reproduce, change, copy or distribute any content that will be used for non-personal reasons or passed to a third party for their commercial uses.
What are my responsibilities?
You must make sure that any of the products, services or information advertised meet your individual needs. Also, using the internet is not always safe, so you have to be responsible for any damage or loss to your computer, equipment, programmes or data due to any viruses etc that may harm your computer, from using our website or downloading anything or any websites linked to ours.
How accurate is your website?
We try to make sure that the information on our website is always accurate. However, this is not always possible, we will do our best to solve anything that is not accurate as soon as possible but this is not always guaranteed.
What if the website is not working properly?
We always try to ensure that the website is working at all times. However, we cannot be liable if it is not working properly.
Do you change things on the website?
Yes. Occasionally we make changes without letting you know. If necessary we can change or stop anything on our website, which could include features, information or the entire website.
What am I not allowed to do with your website?
- Upload unlawful, threatening, obscene or other things that are questionable.
- Upload anything that could lead to criminal or civil offences including local, national and international practices.
- Break the law using public telecommunications network, disrupt or damage the networks to do with the website or ones linked to ours.
- Use data gathering tools e.g. Robots to take any of our Website.
- Sending advertising or promotions that are not allowed.
- Create your own website using our features.
- Attack and add viruses or spyware etc to our website with the intention of causing harm to it.
- Try to get in to our server or any database linked to it.
- Damage or disrupt any part of the website or equipment.
What will happen if I do any of the above actions?
You will be reported to a law enforcement authority and your identity will be given to them.
Am I allowed to link my website to your website?
No – unless we have given our express consent to do so.
What links are available on your website?
Yes, we use them to analyse visits to our site and also behaviour.
When you visit our website the pages and Cookies are downloaded to your computer so that we are able to help us to show you better products and also again for analysis to profile visitors.
Please be aware that we do not store passwords or any other information about you in a cookie that could identify you, your location, your preferences or your financial activity.
What happens if I breach any of your Website Terms and Conditions?
Not including other parts in these Terms and Conditions, nothing will affect or limit your statutory rights; or will exclude or limit our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any action that relates to section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Anything that would be against the law to exclude or attempt to exclude or liability.
You also agree that you will compensate, defend and will hold us, and all employees, directors, suppliers and officers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims. This includes losses which could be loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation. These losses could also be costs and expenses, including administrative and legal costs if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. If this happens any liabilities that arise due to your use of our website or anyone else using our website using your personal information with your permission.
This section does not affect your consumer statutory rights.
- We can change our domain name or anything about our products, services or availability at any time.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are said to be invalid, by a competent authority, the rest of the Terms and Conditions will still be valid.
- All our contracts are concluded and available only in English.
- This website is controlled and operated in the United Kingdom.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You are agreeing to the laws of the courts of England and Wales.